- Round-trip airfare to China for teachers and their families, including up to 2 children (see note on Families, below)
- Medical, life and emergency evacuation insurance
- Two hours per week of Mandarin language study
- Furnished housing in two and three bedroom apartments (Single teachers usually live with one or two other singles, but each have their own bedroom)
- Masters of Education degree – Eligible for Up to $4,900 per school year for up to three years to help with program-related expenses (after signing a second 2-year contract)
- Home leave allowance (an additional one-month’s stipend paid during the summer between contracts when a 2nd two-year contract is signed)
- Retirement benefits provided to each ISC staff member upon that staff member signing a renewal contract for a second 2-year term at an ISC member school
- Staff members who sign a renewal contract for a second 2-year term at an ISC member school will be eligible for monetary help in paying back student loans in-lieu of participating in the ISC retirement plan
- Monthly Stipend based on family size
- 10,002 RMB (~$1,470 USD) – Single
- 15,815 RMB (~$2,325 USD) – Couples (one spouse works for ISC)
- 20,005 RMB (~$2,941 USD) – Couples (both full-time ISC staff)
- 1,700 RMB (~$250 US) – per child (up to 3,400 RMB per family)
Exchange rates subject to change. For the current rate use this currency calculator. Because each school in the International Schools of China network is registered in China and not in the US, neither a W-2 nor a 1099 form is issued; therefore, there is no withholding on stipends.
Please note that the costs of moving to China (medical exams, passport and visa fees, etc.) will not be covered by the benefits package.